The PR & Content Strategist will be a part of the Communications
Department and lead communications strategy and execution on behalf
of thunder::tech’s clients. This team member will also be working
in tandem with the following teams:
Write well-researched, compelling and resonant content focused
on client goals and brand voice
Effectively edit content for grammar, spelling, punctuation,
usage, AP style, tone and brevity
Identify opportunities and develop effective communication
strategies to enhance and extend brand awareness for both
thunder::tech and its clients
Our ideal teammate will be a strong technical writer with the ability
to understand and creatively promote brands ranging from B2B manufacturing
to B2C food and bev. This role will be heavily involved in writing
and editing a variety of content types including press releases,
communications plans, articles, blog posts, web copy, social media,
podcasts, email marketing, white papers, case studies, annual reports,
presentations, advertorials, brand messaging, ad copy, video/podcast
scripts and more. One size does not fit all, and it’s our job to
find the right fit for our clients’ needs.
This teammate should have an understanding of SEO strategy in relation
to website content, including landing pages, blogs, product pages
and other miscellaneous site pages. This understanding includes both
the development and execution of strategically created, well-written
Write creative and compelling copy focused on goals and brand voice
for communications campaigns, websites and other marketing collateral.
Create strategic, SEO-driven content for website pages, product
pages and brand messaging.
Effectively edit content for grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage,
AP style, tone and brevity
Identify opportunities and develop effective communication strategies
to enhance and extend brand awareness for both thunder::tech
and its clients
Use content marketing best practices, client data and other resources
to develop content strategies for brands and campaigns integrating
thunder::tech services for greater reach
Conduct self-lead research to identify key market insights to support
Develop communication and content plan messaging aligning to audiences/customer
journey goals and strategies with a focus on measurable results
Execute communications tactics using tools and editorial calendars
in collaboration with clients
Strategically research, plan, execute and manage comprehensive
client media relations campaigns, projects and events
Analyze and report on campaign or project success. Research, analyze
and make recommendations based user behavior and data
Actively participate in new business and strategic planning projects
including determining new marketing ideas and processes
Conduct client and customer interviews and surveys. Analyze and
present results to client and teammates, often for use in developing
Manage and lead a growing team of content writers and network of
Create video scripts in accordance with client requirements. Conduct
video interviews to meet script requirements and map out video
content for the Production team.
Collaborate with the Optimization team to create website and/or
blog content strategies. Identify and present areas for SEO improvement
in client websites and oversee execution of content-specific
solutions for search engine marketing.
Perform ongoing keyword research in relation to website content.
Keep up to date on SEO trends, news and recommendations for client
Experience & Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience, work examples encouraged
- Strong technical and creative writing skills are essential
- Proficiency in proofreading and editing with a working knowledge of Associated Press style format
- Proven experience developing strategic marketing programs and collaborating with subject matter experts and team members to execute campaigns
- Must be able to show content marketing strategy successes on either a campaign or ongoing project basis during the interview process
- Self-starter, adaptable, highly organized and able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Understanding and experience formulating media relations strategies and proven results of getting press coverage as part of a campaign
- Knowledge of marketing automation platforms and strategies is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing and maintaining website content and experience with various content management systems
- Basic proficiency with HTML and an understanding of web writing best practices
- Knowledge and understanding of social media content and formats
- Hands-on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics and experience with keyword research, understanding SEO concepts such as link building, local
- SEO, on-page optimization, etc.
- Ability to recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in content marketing. This includes both the creative aspects of content strategy and the more technical like SEO and SEM.
- Ability to install, work in and leverage the following tools:
- Google Analytics
- Google Data Studio
- Other SEO and analytics tools such as SEM Rush, Ahrefs, Moz, etc.
Sound good? Send us your résumé and a link to your online portfolio via this short form and we’ll get this party started.